How do I keep a ham until I start it?

Preguntas, respuestas y debate en torno al jamón ibérico: su producción y consumo, el cerdo ibérico, la industria, etc.

Moderador: ibergour

Reglas del Foro
IberGour respeta el tiempo que dedicas a compartir tu opinión con el resto de personas en este foro; sin embargo, nos reservamos el derecho de eliminar opiniones que contengan contenido promocional, opiniones de (o en nombre de) una persona u organización que tenga un interés económico en productos relacionados con la actividad de Ibergour, información de contacto de comercios de la competencia de IberGour, detalles acerca de precios, disponibilidad, gastos de envío o condiciones de compra alternativas, y contenido no relacionado con la temática del foro (opiniones de carácter político, religioso, insultos, etc.).
Si expresas una queja sobre un producto o servicio, sobre todo si no lo has comprado en IberGour, deberás demostrar todo lo que dices y poner especial cuidado con las palabras usadas, puesto que los afectados podrían denunciarnos por "calumnias e injurias con publicidad" y nos veremos obligados a retirarlas. Te recomendamos que cualquier queja la dirijas a los organismos de Atención al Consumidor, o en su defecto los publiques en un foro ajeno al mundo del jamón pero con la mayor difusión posible.
Responder
Adam

How do I keep a ham until I start it?

Mensaje por Adam »

I want to buy a ham for a wedding but I don't want to risk having it come late and plan to buy it early. I'd like to know how I have to keep it til the wedding day.
Cindy

keep it on the ham holder

Mensaje por Cindy »

The best way is to keep it on the ham holder in the kitchen with nothing else. Once you start slicing put a little fat on top of the cut part to keep it from drying out or losing flavor. There's some tips here on the website.
Martha

cover it with a cloth

Mensaje por Martha »

Besides the fat, I cover it with a cloth to keep the dust off.
hamiberico

Re: How do I keep a ham until I start it?

Mensaje por hamiberico »

Most hams should be stored so that they are kept out of the temperature zone in which bacteria grows quickly. The danger temperature zone is a range between 40°F and 140°F. Fresh ham and cured ham can be stored in a refrigerator for several days, depending on the type of ham. If it is not going to be used within the recommended time, it should be frozen to prevent it from perishing. Leftover ham should be wrapped tightly and refrigerated as soon as possible. Do not leave the ham at room temperature for more than two hours. If it is not going to be used within four days of cooking, it should be frozen.

more information you can visit http://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/ ... torage.asp
bowersyuyftkxr

Mensaje por bowersyuyftkxr »

Baked ham, considered a staple of special meals at holidays such as Christmas or Easter, is a simple but tasty dish that even the most novice cook can master in short order. How to bake a ham will vary depending on whether it is fresh or preserved and whether or not it has been pre-cooked, but regardless of which type of ham you use, the method will be very straightforward. You can also vary the flavor of your ham by playing around with different glazes, a number of which are described in this article. Follow the instructions below to prepare a perfect baked ham that's sure to leave guests wanting more!
chal4oye

Mensaje por chal4oye »

Once you start slicing put a little fat on top of the cut part to keep it from drying out or losing flavor. There's some tips here on the website.
Responder